Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A Few Successes and An "Ah Ha" Moment

I have realized that I'm not good at the weekly updates... I think it's because I haven't been losing weight, but this week is different!

After my last weigh in (2 weeks ago), I decided that I was going to track my calories.  I have been doing this with the MyFitnessPal app.  I am currently eating 1310 calories a day and it seems to be working.  I also think that my band is filled to a good point.  I might need another small fill, but for now I think it's ok.  I need to get better at chewing my food.  I seem to get a lot of things stuck but I know it's my own fault because it doesn't happen when I am more aware of what I'm doing.

I have finally realized that in order to reach my goal by the end of the year, I only need to lose 1.5 pounds a week.  I have been expecting too much from the surgery.  I knew when I got it that I would be a TOOL to lose weight and not a miracle cure.  I have always been the type to want results "overnight" but I'm slowly realizing that it takes a lot of work and the scale will eventually catch up.

Ok, so let's get to the important stuff.... the stats.

Weight - 185.0 --- -3 pounds (13.4 total)

Measurements:

Upper Chest --- 42 inches --- Same  (2 inches total)
Bust --- 45 1/2 inches --- Same (1 1/2 inches total)
Midriff --- 39 1/2 inches --- -1/2 inch  (-3 inches)
Upper Arms --- 14 inches --- -1/2 inch each (1 inch total)
Waist --- 37 1/2 inches --- -1/2 inch (3 inches total)
Upper Hip --- 44 inches --- -1/2 inch (2 inches total)
Lower Hip --- 46 inches --- -1/2 inch (2 inches total)
Upper Thighs ---28 inches --- Same (1 inch total)
Mid Thighs --- 27 1/2 inches ---Same (1 inch total)
Calves --- 15 1/2 inches --- Same (1 inch total)

2 Week Total - 3 inches
Total Inches lost - 17 1/2 inches

1 comment:

  1. Nice job! Love the realization. Too much pressure and the stress stalls loss...you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete