Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My First Adjustment and My New Favorite Workout

I had my first adjustment today.  I can't believe that it has already been 5 weeks since my surgery.  I am pretty excited to have more restriction in the band now.  I have a friend that had the Lap-Band surgery in September and she said that she started losing more weight after she got her first adjustment.

The adjustment didn't take very long.  I was in and out of the office in 10 minutes.  I laid down and the nurse felt for my port.  She found it quickly and then numbed the area.  After talking for a couple of minutes about how much I was able to eat, she decided to put in 3 cc's.  The weirdest part is the feeling of her moving the port around while she tries to get the needle in.  It didn't hurt, it was just a lot of pressure.  After the adjustment was done, she had me drink some water to make sure there wasn't any problem with it going down.

Today I was on a liquid diet and tomorrow I can eat mushy foods.  After that I can move to a normal diet.  The nurse recommends that you have a protein shake every morning because most patients feel "tighter" in the band first thing in the morning.  We will see how that goes tomorrow.

Now, in my last post, I said that I was going to start T25 but I actually have a different workout that I started.  My friend is a manager at a yoga studio and she convinced me to give Bikram yoga a try.  Now, I am not a person that likes the heat.  I actually HATE the heat.  I have always said that there was no way I could do it and I would die in the heat.  Well, I finally tried it and I LOVED it!  I am going to start out by going 3 days a week and I will work up from there... or I might add in a different work out.  We will see!

I think that I will check in weekly just to post a weight update and talk about anything that is going on.  I will post new measurements monthly.  Thanks for checking out my blog!  

No comments:

Post a Comment