Thursday, May 1, 2014

A MUCH needed update!

Oh my gosh!!!  I can't believe it's been since 4/9 since my last update!  I am sorry!  I have quite a bit to go over.  In my last post I mentioned that I had gotten .4 removed from my band because it was too full.  At the time, I felt like it was a good spot but I ended up getting almost everything I ate stuck.  It was not the best feeling to have every time I ate.  I tried really hard to make sure I was chewing my food thoroughly but things were still getting stuck.  I had my follow up appointment with my nurse the following week so I wasn't too worried about it.

On 4/15 I went to my follow up appointment.  My weight on that day was 178.6.  This was down another 1.4 in that week.  My total in 2 weeks was a loss of 6 pounds.  I was very excited about that part but I wasn't excited about not being able to eat.  After talking to my nurse about what I was eating and what things were getting stuck, we decided to take out another .2 CC's out.  The following 2 weeks were good when it came to eating.  I didn't have much getting stuck.

I had another follow up appointment on 4/29.  I didn't gain weight, but I wasn't down either.  I was still at 178.6.  This was a little frustrating because before I wasn't able to eat anything and now I could eat but wasn't having any weight loss.  I talked to my nurse about it and we both decided to try putting the .2 CC's back in that were taken out the prior visit.  Since then I have been working extra hard at taking small bites, chewing really well and eating slowly.  It seems to be much better this time around.  I am able to eat things but don't feel hungry very often.  I'm hoping that my next appointment will have a good loss and then I will feel like I finally have my band in a great spot.

I know that I said I was going to get pictures up, but I keep forgetting to have my husband take them!  I will make sure to have them by my next appointment!  I will also do better at updating every couple of weeks instead of once a month!


No comments:

Post a Comment